Sunday, August 27, 2006

Are we making the world a better place?


So many questions have been racing through my mind this past month or so. the main question i find myself with is; What does it mean to be a follower of Christ? Am I doing all I can? Do I have all my chips in? Am I even playing the right "game?" I dont think i'm going completely crazy...I just know that I want to be certain that what I do for God is what he wants from me. Is he pleased with all of his children going to church.....having pot-lucks.....spending all extra time in small groups......creating worship services. etc. The list goes on and on. Now dont get me wrong....i love potlucks....i am a part of a worship service...and love the idea of small groups. I just want to make sure that our focus is right. I guess more importantly that my focus is right.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. I've been asking God to show me if I'm doing the right things, and have the right motives. But not just asking....really begging God with all sincerity. I'm not sure i've ever been as persistent as I have this past week. Maybe its because I'm about to have another child, maybe because I've been away from my family a lot this year. I'm not really sure....what I am sure about is that I'm not sure. It has definitely brought a new excitement to my life.......i'll keep you updated.

fred

No comments: